Benefits Of Swedish Massage
- Increases circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Emphasizes the elimination of metabolic wastes. This is also effective because it lessens ischemia (reduction of blood supply to organs and/or tissues which affects muscular pain)
- Improves the lymphatic system which also removes waste from the body thus resulting in less swelling from injury
- Releases endorphins
- Mechanically stretches and elongates muscles
- Stimulates parasympathetic nervous system
- Reduction in pain
- Helps improve weak muscles
- Supports relaxation and improves sleep
- Alleviates the restriction of muscles as well as tension and stiffness
- Enhances blood circulation
- Increases flexibility and durability of muscles
- Delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the muscles which reduces muscle fatigue and soreness.
- Stimulates slower breathing
- Breaks up mucus and other respiratory discharge in the lungs.
- Allows the body to become relaxed and begin the repairing process
- If you're suffering from a cold, this is helpful because it helps you to rid your body of these toxins at a faster rate.
- Can relieve colic and gas as well as constipation
- Promotes better digestion
- Relaxes body and mind
- Improves all over well-being of the individual
- Relief of inner tension and stress (Salvo)
- Swedish Massage & Athletes
After any type of massage, it is important to drink at least 3 glasses of water (approximately 24oz). This will facilitate the release of toxins and emphasize muscle flexibility.
A useful tip for post-massage is to stretch, this will enhance the benefits of the massage. Most importantly, relax and enjoy the massage!
For an appointment call David Murphy B.T.A.A. on 01236 429739 / 0771853390